“An Apple a day keeps the doctor away”. It is so true, apple is fruit full of goodies. It is a good source of dietary fiber, pectin, potassium, and Vitamins A and C.It is low in calories and a natural mouth freshener, they are sources of soluble and insoluble fiber. Soluble helps in preventing cholesterol build up and thus help in reducing atherosclerosis and heart disease and the insoluble fibers help in digestion.
I was not a big fan of apple as a kid. But now after knowing the facts about apples I have started to add it to my diet. Apples are good in a salads, pies and other recipes but I am a spice lower so I thought of making a pickle /pachadi. It is very simple to make and it comes out really good. I use the green apple which is a little bit sour and is not too sweet.
- Green Apple 2-3 Nos.
- Red chilli powder 1/4 cup adjust acc to your taste
- Mustard powder 2 Tbs.
- Turmeric powder 2 tsp.
- Fengreek powder 1 Tbs.
- Salt per taste
- Oil (preferably sesame oi- 1/2 cup
- Mustard seeds
- Wash and Cut the apple into very Small pieces. This helps the apple cook quickly.
- In a nonstick pan add 1/2 to 3/4 cup of oil ( so that it will stay good for weeks).
- Season the oil with mustard and when it starts spluttering add the cut apples and give it a quick stir then add all the powders to it and let it cook in medium heat.
- Initially the apple starts leaving water,let it cook till all the water is evaporated.
- Now turn the heat to low and cook till the oil floats on the top. Pair it with hot Rice and little Ghee. Mouth watering right.