Ginger and Carom Seeds both have medicinal properties. Both these works well to eaze acid reflux. It was a running joke in our house as my dad used to say “Inji kashayam vachu kudi ellam seriya poidyum”i.e “Drink the ginger essence and every discomfort will go away”
And Omam is another miracle herb that is used in different ways to treat different things.
Ginger - Oomam Vathakulambu
2 tsp coconut
2 inch ginger
2 spoon Oomam/ajwain
3 spoon pepper
1 spoon urad dal
2 spoon sesame
1 tomato ( cut into cubes)
4 tbs Tamarind paste
3 tbs oil
1 tsp Mustard seeds
1) Dry Roast all the from 1-6 and grind them to make a course powder.
2) In a pan heat oil and add the mustard , methi seeds & kadipatha.
3) After it splitters add the cut tomato and let it cook for couple of minutes
4) When done add the diluted tamarind paste and let it bubble for 2 minutes
5) Now add the powder that you ground earlier and asafotida.
6) Cook it till everything comes together and oil separates from the sides
This dish is very soothing when u have cold or throat irritation. Also the Ooman and other ingredients here are good for stomach issues. A little bit goes a long way.
I came up with this dish when I my husband had bad cold and sour throat it helped him a lot.