A royal treat without all the calories! I am big fan of Paneer and love anything made with Paneer.. But over time I have learned that making fresh paneer and substituting few ingredients in a dish helps cut down calories and still taste good. Home made panner makes variety of dishes super healthy.
Shahi panner, a rich and creamy paneer dish that is filled with bursts flavor. It’s a quick and easy royal treat.
I have replaced Cashews with Almonds, Thick yogurt for heavy cream and honey for sugar which are healthier and less fatty.
- Fresh Homemade Paneer – 1 cup
- Shahi Jeera cumin – 1tsp
- Bay leaves – 1
- Cloves – 2 nos
- Cinnamon stick – 1 small stick
- Kasoori methi – 2 pinches
- Butter – 1/2 tbs
- Thick curd or Greek yogurt- 1/2 cup
- Honey -1 tsp
- Tomatoes Small to medium – 6-7 nos
- Onion – 1/2 large
- Almonds – 2 tbs
- Ginger – 1 inch piece
- Garlic – 1 clove
- Kashmiri Red chilis – 2 for color
- Cut tomatoes and onions into chucks. Soak the almonds in a water for 15-20 mins and peel the skin (optional) I used fresh ginger and garlic you can substitute with ginger-garlic paste.
- In a pan add the cut onion and tomato along with the ginger, garlic, almond and chilis and let it cook for 10 mins. When the mixture looks cooked, let it cool for 5 mins.
- Throughly beat the curd without adding water. I just pulsed it a couple of times in the same mixer.
- Grind all the above ingredients in a mixer to a smooth paste, add water as needed. In pan add the butter and the dry masala. When the masala starts to leave aroma add in the ground mixture.
- Add salt and let this mixture cook well. Since we already cooked the tomatoes and onions before grinding it, it will not take too long. When the masala starts to bubble a little bit add the beaten curd and mix well.
- Add honey and crush the kasuri methi to it at this stage and don’t let the mixture boil too much.
- Finally add in the cubed paneer pieces to the mixture and let it cook in medium heat for 2-3 mins and Garnish with slivered almonds.