Whole Wheat Flour – 4 cups
Instant Yeast (RapidRise) – 2-1/4 teaspoons
Milk – 1/2 cup
Water – 3/4 th cup
Salt – 1 tbs
Sugar -1 tbs
Sesame for sprinkling
Oil as required
1. In lukewarm water dissolve the sugar and yeast and let it get nice and frothy for about 15 to 20 mins. The water should not be too hot, test with your pinky finger.
The yeast should form a nice froth, this is a important step that determines how soft the buns will turn out.
2. in a large bowl add the 4 ups of flour, salt and mix it up. Add the yeast mixture and slowly add the milk to form a nice dough.
3. Its okay if the the dough is little sticky, just bring it all together with little oil. Work the dough nicely for 10 to 15 mins. This helps form the gluten.
4. Let the dough rest and raise for 2 hrs in warm place. I usually punch down and let it raise again.
5. When you see that the dough has doubled in size make small balls and arrange in a tray. and let it raise again for 15 mins. This helps the buns to be soft and fluffy.
6. Before baking it, slightly wash it with milk and sprinkle sesame on top,
7. Bake the buns in a 350 degree for 20 mins. Once done, switch off the oven and let it sit in the heat for 5 min.
8. Cool it in a cooling rack for 10 mins. The buns are ready for making Burger.