Here is a fun way to eat your guacamole. Fresh avocado, tomatoes tossed with crunchy onions and cucumbers topped with Mint-coriander sauce. The mint and coriander sauce/chutney adds a freshness and great depth of flavor to this familiar ingredients.
I was busy getting kids ready for a weekend b’day party, I realized that I have not had my breakfast. It was almost 10:30 and my stomach was grumbling. As usual, I was staring inside my fridge for some quick fix inspiration. Then I see my avocado ripe and ready to eat so I decide to make Avocado salad. As for the dressing, I did not have time to make anything from scratch. Right then my eyes are drawn to the mint-coriander chutney which is almost over and ready to be wiped clean. So pops the idea to use it for my salad dressing.
IF you have the above handy this is a super easy salad which will leave you craving for more. All I did was cut some onions and lightly saute it to cookout the raw smell and retain the crunch. Then I simply cut in some tomatoes, avocado and some cucumbers and toss it all with the onions. Add in some salt and some pepper.
For the dressing add in the mint-coriander chutney, some lemon juice, and some oil. mix it well and add to the salad. Vola Guacamole- Mint salad is ready to be devoured.
I must tell you, I handed the plate to my hubby for a quick taste and before I could clean up and get the plate back, my gang of 3 had wiped the plate clean. I had to make myself another batch.
Guacamole salad | Avocado- Mint Salad
1 ripe Avocado
1 small onion cut lengthwise
1 tomato de-seeded and cut lengthwise
1 Small cucumber cut lengthwise
Salt and pepper to taste
Coriander /Mint – chopped for garnish (optional)
2-3 tbs of mint-coriander chutney
1 -2 tsp of lemon juice
2-3 tsp of olive oil
- Cut some onions and lightly saute it to cookout the raw smell. But make sure not to overcook as we want to retain the crunch. Toss it into a bowl.
- De-seed the tomatoes and cut it lengthwise and add it to the onions. Save the tomatoes juice for a making rasam or any gravy.
- Cut the avocado and cucumbers and toss it all with the onions and tomatoes.
- In a separate bowl add the mint-coriander chutney, lemon juice and olive oil and mix it well.
- Add the salt and pepper to the dressing mix and give it a quick stir.
- Now pour the dressing on the salad and give it a toss so the dressing coats all the veggies.
- Garnish with fresh mint and coriander and serve it up. (optional)
- Avocado should be ripe yet firm and hold shape.
- Use English cucumber which has a crunchy texture.
- You can add sweet corn, crunchy bell peppers to add more texture.