Roasted Brussels sprouts seasoned salt and pepper is a simple clean and crisp side that brightens up any meal or doubles as a quick snack for kids and adults.
Interestingly the family food theme of this year thus far has been Brussels sprouts…. Especially the kids jump in joy when they hear the words
Brussels sprouts ….Now you must be thinking that is not true .. no kid like
Brussels sprouts … but believe me once you have tried this simple crisp simple recipe this will become your household favorite as well.
During the holiday season we happened to go out to dine out at this local restaurant ‘coco cabana’ and I must say I had one of the best dining experiences from the perspective of the vegetarian food. As you can imagine being vegetarian it sometimes could be hard to find decent options in regular restaurants.
This place has some super good veggie options that tasted pretty good.
Brussels Fritos was one of the highlights .. it was a crispy and delicious which I believe was fried and finished in the oven. I tried to recreate the same but a healthier version…. So here is completely oven Roasted
crispy Brussels Sprouts with Avocado yogurt dip.
Oven roasted Brussels sprouts
• Brussels sprouts cut in half – 2 cups
• Salt to taste
• Pepper or paprika for spice
• Olive Oil – 1/3 cup
Coriander powder – 1 tsp
• Avocado 1
• (vegan) Yogurt – 2 – Tbs
• Lemon – 1 tsp
• Salt to taste
• pinch or two of pepper
1. Cut all the Brussels sprouts into ½ and set it aside.
2. Preheat oven to 375°F.
3. Layout the cut Brussels sprouts on a baking sheet and pour on the olive oil and mix with clean hands.
4. Roast the Brussels sprouts and pear for about 20 -30 minutes till its roasted well
5. Then turn the Brussels sprouts with a metal spatula so that both sides will get caramelized
6. After 5-7 minutes, remove the baking sheet from the oven. Sprinkle the salt and pepper or paprika directly over all the veggie and mix it well.
For Avocado dip:
1. Take a ripe avocado and mash it up without any lumps. Add in the yogurt to it and mix it well. The mixture should have a smooth consistency.
2. Alternatively you can give it a quick mix in a mixer.
3. Add the salt, pepper and lemon juice and mix well.
4. The dip is ready to be served.