Fresh marinated veggie kabobs are packed with tons of flavor – perfect as a healthy side dish to any meal! grilled! marinated in fresh spices , these colorful kabobs are best of summer’s bounty and perfect for a casual gathering.
Spring is here and can’t wait for summertime. Being a warm body Spring and Summer are my favorite seasons of the year. We love to hangout in our little backyard and look forward to spending some fun weekends grilling and chilling. Dusting off the grill is the Best. Feeling. Ever. !!!! Kids love anything grilled and love to hang out in the backyard with some music.
These I made on a gas grill last summer for a party. These skewers are easy and fun to make, if you have a grill. But, if you prefer to avoid the heat and don’t have time, you can easily broil these in the oven or on a grill pan on the stovetop.
My marination is very simple and basic, I mix yogurt, Chilli powder, coriander powder, garam masala powder, a little bit of chaat masala and salt to taste. Add ginger garlic paste to the mix and mix well. This is my quick go to marination mix. I sometimes add the green chutney to pump up the flavors.
Grilled Paneer Tikka | Panner-Vegetable Skewers
- 2 cup Paneer Indian Cheese cut it into 2 inch pieces
- 1 bell pepper 2 inch pieces
- 1 onion cut in 2 inch pieces
- 1/2 red bell pepper cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1 tbsp ginger and garlic
- 2 tbsp tandoori masala or garam masala
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 teaspoon Cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp Cumin and Coriander powder
- 1 tbsp chaat masala
- 1 juice of lemon optional
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 cup yogurt
- First cut the paneer and vegetables into cube size pieces.
- in a large bowl add the Yogurt and add in all the dry masala powders. Mix it all well.
- Now add the cubed paneer and vegetable pieces to the marination and mix well.
- Marinate at least for 30 mins or max about 3 hours. Marinate paneer and vegetables together.
- Then skewer the Paneer and onion as well as the bell pepper in a pattern and keep aside. Preheat your grill at according to manufactures instruction. Grease the grill with oil generously otherwise the paneer pieces will stick to the grill.
- Now lay the paneer-vegetable skewers on the grill for about 4-5 minutes and turn the other side for 4-5 minutes on each side.
- Keep checking and turning in between so as to avoid burning.
- Serve hot with some lemon and pepper flakes to sprinkle and enjoy!
- I added capsicum (all colors) and onion. You can also add zucchini, cherry tomatoes, boiled potatoes, mushrooms
- This can alternatively prepared in the conventional oven.
- Soak bamboo skewers in water for at least 30 mins to 2 hrs to avoid burning. I have bought the steel skewers as I always forget to soak the wooden skewers and