I cannot imagine summers without loads of coconut water, ganne ka Ras or aam panna growing up in India.. Growing up in Bhopal the summers are so hot that its must to drink ganne ka Ras or aam panna to cool your system down.
Now the south Indian in me always craved and loved the natural coolers like coconut water, Nongu ( fruit of plam) and the Panakam and neermore. The later 2 was easy to make at home but the former was hard to find in the north. So Summer vacations spent in the native city was always special for these reasons and more …
Now after moving to the US, the one thing that I miss the most , even in the bay area is good coconut water 😕😕…. There is nothing like fresh coconut water out of the shell and the tender coconut that taste that follows…
Recently I found #honestcoconutwater..it is the closest I have come to taste coconut water have been enjoying it for some time now.
I wanted to try some new drink with it, as summer approaches.. with older one being a coconut water fan and younger one a lemonade fan I decided to mix up these to make some coconut flavored lemonade (I was skeptical) which turned out pretty good.
The coconut water adds a inbuilt sweet taste that so refreshing and the fresh homegrown lemons and oranges infuse fruity and citrusey flavors and elevates the drink to a different level. Trust me, once you try this coconut water lemonade, you will never, EVER go back to regular lemonade.
I added pink lemonade instead of the regular lemonade so it has the bright pink color. Sip up, and enjoy some coconut water lemonade during the hot summer days or just substitute this healthy drip for any sugary drink.
Btw.. this is my first attempt with action shot.. Had fun trying these shots but have a long way to go 😁…
Coconut Water Lemonade
- 4 cups Coconut water
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- 1 tsp Honey or suger
- 1/2 sliced orange
- 1/2 sliced lemon
- few mint leaves
- Few slices of ginger
- pinch of salt
- In a jar add 4 cups of coconut water, 1 tbs lemon juice , and 1 tbs honey and give it a good mix
- Mix till the honey dissolves completely. Add in the pinch of the salt and stir well.
- Then add the sliced lemons, oranges and ginger along with the mint leaves to the coconut water mix and give it a good stir
- Let it sit for 15 to 30 mins and serve it chill.
- You can use any coconut water brand of you choice.
- My lemons were pretty tart so I added 1 tbs. Adjust tartness to you liking
- Also I did not want to loose the sweetness of coconut water too much by making it too tart.
- I prefer honey to sugar for its natural taste. For vegan version you can substitute with Agave nectar or sugar.
Tried this recipe? I’d love to know your feedback. Tag @amomscookbook on Instagram and hashtag it #amomscookbook. You can follow me on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for more such recipes.