These 7-layer cookie bars are made of seven easy ingredients, butter chocolate chips, dried coconut flakes, sweetened condensed milk, with chopped pecans. These ingredients are in such perfect harmony that they makes a delicious cookie medley with every bite.
Dessert is not my thing. I mean I don’t have a sweet tooth nor can I make /bake a perfect cake every time. Being vegetarian poses a bit more challenge for some one who is already bake challenged :)… But this is a cookie that I can whip up with my eyes closed.. I mean its super simple and absolutely delicious. I would say every non-baker’s dream LOL…. Also this was one thing that I loved and craved for during my pregnancy. I believe I first tasted this at Susie Cakes and I was just hooked.
This is soft and has the perfect amount of sweetness with a little crunch of coconut and pecan, making it just so amazing, that I crave for it every time I think about it…..So I decided i will make it but unfortunately i did not remember the name of it then and time went by and i kind of forgot. Later my work was close this place and I rediscovered this to my surprise the same love for this cookie.
So obviously I should have tried to make it before I forgot but then I did not and kept wondering what is that I keep craving for but never seem to remember name….Then managed to go back to susie’s again. This time I made it once and enjoyed the whole batch myself as kids were a bit young to share. Now kids are home and wanted to bake something as they love to eat cookies and cakes and muffins…. so mama had to make a good first impression so we decided to make the 7 layer cookie bar. Made this over the weekend with kids and they were super excited. It was a fun weekend activity.
I adapted the recipe by Diana Rattray. The original recipe called for Graham crackers and butternut chocolate chip which I did not have so I Belvita cinnamon biscuits which worked very well in this recipe. Also I just used dark brown chocolate chips and home Hershey’s kisses. I also went a bit easy on butter.
7-Layer Cookies bars with Pecans
- 2 ounces Unsalted butter 1/2 stick
- 1 1/2 cups Belvita cinnamon biscuits or regular crisp biscuts
- 3/4 cup Dark chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup Hershey’s kisses or more chocolate chips
- 1 cup can shredded coconut
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup pecans chopped
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degree F
- In 9 inch circle pan add the unsalted butter and put it in the oven for it to melt
- When the butter is melting in the oven crumble the belvita cinnamon biscuits .
- Once the butter is melted remove the pan from the oven and make sure the butter is well coated all the pan
- Now add the cinnamon biscuits crumbs layer.
- Then add the 2 chocolate chips to cover the pan.
- Then add in the shredded coconuts as the 5th layer
- Now add the sweetened condensed milk
- Finally add the chopped pecans on the top.
- Bake it in the preheated oven for about 25 to 30 minutes or until the cookie is set and lightly browned on top.
- Remove from the oven and let it completely cool. Once cool, cut them into desired shared and enjoy.
- If you wish to go low on Chocolate then You can also add 2 layers of nut
- Macadamia nuts would work great with this recipe with pecans
- Any type of store bought biscuit works well for this recipe.
Tried this recipe? I’d love to know your feedback. Tag @amomscookbook on Instagram and hashtag it #amomscookbook. Connect with me on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for more such recipes and food photography.