Vangi bath is one such aromatic dish that the flavors linger long after it’s over and done with. This is mainly from the special Vangi bath powder, which is simple to make yet full of flavors. Vangi bath powder is equally flavorful and as popular as Bisi Bele Bath Powder. The aroma of freshly roasted and ground Vangi Baath Powder is unbeatable and crucial for tasty vangi bath.
Even though VangiBath is the popular and the masala powder is called ‘Vangi Bath powder’, many varieties of baths can be made with other vegetable combinations.
Vangi bath powder also works wonderfully well with Potato or Ivy Gaurd/Koovakai. I love these variations and all of it tastes equally delicious.
I cook tomato and peas similar to eggplant and add the vangi bath powder to make tomato bath. It just tastes amazing.
Vangi Bath Powder
For Vaangi Bath Powder
- 1 cup Dhaniya/Coriander
- 1/2 cup Channa dal/Kadali paruppu
- 1/4 cup Urad dal /Ulutham paruppu
- 2 tbs dry coconut
- 1 cups Red dry chillis for spice
- 1/2 cup Bedegai red chilli for color
- 4-6 Cloves
- 1-2 inch Cinnamon stick
- Dry roast each of the masala ingredient separately in a hot pan
- Make sure to roast it in medium heat so the ingredient does not to burn.
- Keep the roasted ingredients on a plate and lit it completely cool down
- Once it cools down, grind it to a fine powder. Let the ground powder sit for 30 min before storing it in an air tight container.