Tacos get a twist with these Naan Bean Tacos. This is one of our family favorites and we make it quite frequently. I just love the simplicity of this and the burst of flavors that I can pack in these naan shells.
These flavorful, hearty, and fun mini-naan Bean tacos are the perfect lunch. Kids are happy to eat tacos while they also get a good serving of protein and greens.
Yes, this is closer to chalupa or even Baos. Baos are technically steamed and chalupa have a very soft texture. Tacos, on the other hand either have crisp shell or softer but thinner shell. Naan a bit and you will get that loser to crispy and crunchy tacos. I buy these mini Naans from the local Costco which is perfect for individual potions.
Guacamole: I made simple guac with tomato, onion and cucumber mixed with the usual lemon, and jalapeño. I just made it a bit thin. You can replace it with some – vegan Avocado aioli
Minced Cauliflower: Here I have minced cauliflower, mixed with crumbled paneer and beans. Added some curry powder and garnished with some coriander. You can replace any one of these ingredient or skip it altogether.
Fried Spinach: I did not have enough coriander for garnish so I though of frying some spinach to add it as topping. I am not a big fan of oil fried spinach as it can get a bit too oily so used my Air-fryer to fry some spinach. I must tell you, this is a keeper.
Naan Bean Taco
- Store bought Naan or homemade both would work fine.
- cauliflower – 2 -3 cups minced
- paneer – 1/2 cup minced
- Rajma beans – 3/4th cup cooked
- onion & tomato – 1/2 cup
- Salt to taste
- Chilli powder – 1/2 tbs
- Masala powder – 1 tbs
- jeera – 1/2 tsp
- oil – 2 tsp
- Tomato/cucumber salsa – 1 cup
- onion – 1/4 finely chopped
- Jalapenos/ Sweet peppers – few
- Fired spinach Air fried
- Avocado – 1 small mashed
- Tomato – 1/2 chopped
- cucumber – 2 tbs
- Lime juice – 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- In a bowl mix the mashed avocado and tomato with lime juice and salt. give it a mix and its ready.
For Bean-Cauliflower filing
- Grate the cauliflower and Paneer. Lightly mash the kidney beans.
- In a pan add little oil and add all the dry spices – Salt to taste, Chilli powder, Masala powder , jeera.
- Once the spice breaks down add in the veggies and cook it a bit. about 5 mins
- Don't over cook it. once the water is dried up in the mashed kidney beans and panner and mix well.
- Let it cook and absorb all the spices and flavors.
- The filling is ready for the Taco.
- Take a pan and toast the naan shell on both sides for 1 mins each. a
- Remove it form the pan and add a layer of guacamole .
- Then fill the naan with the minced bean cauliflower mix in the center
- Add a layer of salsa and jalapeños/ peppers and top it with fried spinach or fresh chopped cilantro
If you looking for a quick fix lunch give this recipe a try. Drop a word to let me know how you liked it and share pictures with the hashtag #amomscookbook. You can follow me on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for more such recipes and food photography. Don’t’ forget to comment and rate the recipe here.