Tacos get a twist with these Naan Bean Tacos. This is one of our family favorites and we make it quite frequently. I just love the simplicity of this and the burst of flavors that I can pack in these naan shells.
These flavorful, hearty, and fun mini-naan Bean tacos are the perfect lunch. Kids are happy to eat tacos while they also get a good serving of protein and greens.
Yes, this is closer to chalupa or even Baos. Baos are technically steamed and chalupa have a very soft texture. Tacos, on the other hand either have crisp shell or softer but thinner shell. Naan a bit and you will get that loser to crispy and crunchy tacos. I buy these mini Naans from the local Costco which is perfect for individual potions.
Guacamole: I made simple guac with tomato, onion and cucumber mixed with the usual lemon, and jalapeño. I just made it a bit thin. You can replace it with some – vegan Avocado aioli
Minced Cauliflower: Here I have minced cauliflower, mixed with crumbled paneer and beans. Added some curry powder and garnished with some coriander. You can replace any one of these ingredient or skip it altogether.
Fried Spinach: I did not have enough coriander for garnish so I though of frying some spinach to add it as topping. I am not a big fan of oil fried spinach as it can get a bit too oily so used my Air-fryer to fry some spinach. I must tell you, this is a keeper.
Naan Bean Taco
- Store bought Naan or homemade both would work fine.
- cauliflower – 2 -3 cups minced
- paneer – 1/2 cup minced
- Rajma beans – 3/4th cup cooked
- onion & tomato – 1/2 cup
- Salt to taste
- Chilli powder – 1/2 tbs
- Masala powder – 1 tbs
- jeera – 1/2 tsp
- oil – 2 tsp
- Tomato/cucumber salsa – 1 cup
- onion – 1/4 finely chopped
- Jalapenos/ Sweet peppers – few
- Fired spinach Air fried
- Avocado – 1 small mashed
- Tomato – 1/2 chopped
- cucumber – 2 tbs
- Lime juice – 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- In a bowl mix the mashed avocado and tomato with lime juice and salt. give it a mix and its ready.
For Bean-Cauliflower filing
- While the dough is resting get the filling ready. Grate the cauliflower and carrot.
- Grind the garbanzo beans separately to a powdery consistency.
- In a pan add little oil and add all the dry spices – Salt to taste, Chilli powder, Masala powder , jeera.
- Once the spice breaks down add in the veggie mix and cook it a bit.
- Don’t over cook it. once the water is dried up in the mix add in the ground garbanzo beans.
- let it cook and absorb any excess water.
- The filling is ready for the chalupa.
- Take a naan shell and add a layer of guacamole .
- Then fill it with the minced cauliflower mix, then add a layer of lettuce followed by the peppers and top it with fried spinach.
If you looking for a quick fix lunch give this recipe a try. Drop a word to let me know how you liked it and share pictures with the hashtag #amomscookbook. You can follow me on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for more such recipes and food photography. Don’t’ forget to comment and rate the recipe here.