1) Wash all the vegetables thoroughly and cut them into long finger size pieces or cubes. Just make sure there are not too small.
2) Cook the cut vegetables with salt and water( add little water so that the vegetables don't lose their shape).
3) The vegetables should be soft enough to break when you press it with your thumb. Do not over cook.
4) If there is excess water left in the bottom strain it and leave the vegetables in the strainer for a while.( the strained water is like a vegetable stock so this can be used to make soup)
5) Now grind the coconut, whole jeera, green chili and the ginger into a course paste adding the strained water as required. don't make it too watery.
6) It should be somewhere between semisolid and watery so that it coats the vegetables.
7) In a wok add the strained vegetables and the ground paste and cook them for few minutes
8) Now add the curd and give it a quick stair. Do reduce the flame before adding curd or else it will break.
9) Let it cook for 2-3 min in low flame.
10) Season it with mustard seeds and curry leaves. Add little coconut on top before serving.
It smells and tastes awesome.Goes good with Adai ( dal dosand hot rice. mumm yummoo.