Cabbage is an easy vegetable, be it cutting or cooking. It can be done in a jiffy and goes well with rice, chappati or even salad. Recently I tried to make Thogayal with it and now it has become my go to vegetable for Thogayal. This is my new favorite 🙂
- Channa dal – 2 tbs
- Urad dal – 2 tbs
- Red chillies – 4-5 pieces add couple of Bedigai variety chillies to add color
- Small piece of ginger
- Garlic optional
- Coconut pieces – few optional
- Cabbage – 1 cup chopped
- Carrot – 1/2 cut to pieces
- Tamarind – 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Fry the dals, red chillies and Coconut slices in little oil until golden brown.
- Saute the cabbage, carrot ginger and garlic in oil until 3/4th done. Do not cook it too soft.
- Cool the mixture to room temperature and grind it into a course mixture. As It is great served with rice, chappati or dosa/ idli 🙂