Sweet Pea and Pumpkin soup is a comforting, light and warm sweet soup is a delicious way to welcome fall and perfect for holiday entertaining. Its made of few simple ingredients and can be whipped up quickly for dinner on a cold weekday or weekend nights.
After the heavy eating during the Diwali season I was planning for light and simple meals for the next couple of weeks. This is the first in the series of comfort meals to follow till Thanksgiving.
Weekends are usually ver busy for my with 2 little ones and their classes along with the usual cleaning and groceries it takes effort to make elaborate meal, capture and blog and like any other busy parent I try my best… This was one such weekend when I was determined to clean the most neglected spaces of all the Garage…. I must confess I did it not only to get the garage in order but also set up my mini photo shoot space…
Since I had leftovers from Friday night Diwali party I was not planning to cook lunch and wanted to focus on cleaning today. My little helpers with some heavy nudging cleaned up their mess and let me finish mine so it was productive morning.
But then how can I not cook the whole day rt, once i finished cleaning my mind was back to work on planning the dinner menu.. so here is what we had for dinner today
Sweet pea and Pumpkin soup
Persimmon and cucumber salad
Sweet Pea and Pumpkin Soup
1 cup sweet peas’
1/2 cup pumpkin
1 medium shallot
3 garlic pods
1/2 cup milk or coconut milk
1-2 inch ginger
small bunch of coriander leaves
- Cut Onion into small cubes and saute it in little oil along with garlic cloves.
- Once onions are caramelized, keep it aside.
- In a separate pan, boil peas, pumpkin, tomato and ginger ti all is well cooked
- Remove the tomato skin and add it back to the mix.
- Also add in the caramelized onions and garlic allow it to boil for a min or two.
- Finally add in the milk or coconut milk and salt to the mix and let it boil for 5 mins
- Turn off the stove and let the mixture cool down a little bit.
- Grind it into a smooth mix. Add water to adjust consistency.
- Add crushed black pepper and serve hot.